2nd July 2019
To be a good physiotherapist you need to have…
- excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills to establish a rapport with patients and their families
- problem-solving ability
- tolerance, patience, sensitivity and tact
- a firm but encouraging and empathetic attitude
- a genuine concern for the wellbeing and health of patients
- a real interest in anatomy and physiology
If you’re thinking of a career as a physiotherapist…
There are also two-year accelerated MSc courses available to people who already have a BSc degree in a relevant subject.
To get onto a degree apprenticeship, you will need to apply for an apprentice position with a health care provider. You can search for vacancies on the NHS Jobs website and Find an Apprenticeship website.