Top Tips for UCAS applications for Speech and Language Therapy courses
9th December 2019
As the UCAS deadline approaches, (15 January 2020!) here are five top tips, for those thinking of applying on a Speech and Language therapy undergraduate course… from The Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists.
- Find out more about what Speech and Language therapists do – and do not do – on the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists website.
- Check out an interactive map showing where in the UK you can take a degree or masters in Speech and Language therapy
- Attend careers and open days at a university offering Speech and Language therapy or at your local hospital.
- If you are interested in work experience contact your local NHS or independent Speech and Language therapy service as they may be able to arrange an observation session.
- Useful background experience can be gained by observing a Speech and Language therapist at work at a local nursing home, within a school or at a local stroke group.
For further help and advice contact The Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists at firstname.lastname@example.org.