Top tips for UCAS applications for Occupational Therapy courses
3rd January 2020
As the UCAS deadline approaches, (15 January 2020!) here are five top tips, for those thinking of applying for an Occupational Therapy programme… from The University of Northampton.
- Tell us about your experience of working with others and how your experience relates to occupational therapy.
- Try to get work experience or shadowing experience within areas related to occupational therapy, and tell us about what you have observed and learned about the role of the occupational therapist.
- Be aware of the NHS Based Values and consider how you might demonstrate these.
- Share any personal achievements such as volunteering, supporting other groups or anything that demonstrates your communication and team working skills.
- Come prepared to interview, research the Royal College of Occupational Therapy website beforehand, and on the day, engage fully in the interview process. It is your opportunity to shine.